Search and connect to support. Financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost help starts here:
Tips & Strategies when navigating resources
- Be clear about what you need when you reach out to an agency or program.
- If no one picks up the phone, leave a message with your name and phone number so they can call you back.
- Prepare documents you might need before you call. (This could include any official documents or paperwork you might need to reference.)
- If you call a program and they cannot support you, make sure to ask for recommendations for other resources or services that might be helpful.
- Always take notes! It’s easy to forget information people share with you over the phone. Be prepared to write down important details they tell you.
- Be persistent! You may have to call several times to get through. Keep going.